This Week’s Journey…

Journey Pin

This week’s journey was another whirlwind.  Are your ready to read about it?  Another set of highs and lows, successes and failures set the backstage for where we are right now.

This Week’s Journey…4/17/18 – 4/21/18

Jouney

Sunday, I went to church and it was so good.  I learned and I worshipped and I felt peace.  If I could have come home and slept for 2 hours that would have been the perfect reset.  By now, you know, that did not happen.  I already determined in my mind that this week would be so much different.  Plans were made during last week’s journey to begin living a balanced life.

Monday, I prepared for my week by resting and working on promoting my brand. I made a few phone calls that I was procrastinating about making. Not too shabby at all, I didn’t get much done and it didn’t hurt, terrific! To make it even better I received my biggest Paparazzi order to date! Making Monday wonderful and Tuesday great!  I volunteered for a wonderful program called the Pajama Program, where we read to children while providing them with pajamas.  It was over the top for me. Meeting the children was wonderful, they were so excited.  The children enjoyed the book reading and really enjoyed the pajamas. I enjoyed myself so much and I look forward to doing it again. I was on a complete high note and took myself over to an interview.

An Interview…

My interview went well considering that I had prior knowledge of the company before arriving.  We laughed and talked and I sat through a small preview of the work that would be done.  We immediately scheduled a demo for me to participate in the very next day to see if I’d like the work that’s involved.  Wednesday came and I was exhausted because I couldn’t stop thinking about, 1) enjoying myself volunteering, 2) doing well on an interview, 3) a day following someone and what that would be like, 4) I still have to blog, when will I do that?! and now 5) I’m doing an entire-day long demo.  Nevertheless, I get up and I arrive, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready to go on time!

Time for Your Interview

I spent 8 hours with a senior worker who’s energy level was on 150%.  All that I could do was admire this woman.  She is excited and ready for whatever life brings.  God is good!  Another person would have never convinced me to join this company.  This woman is so alive about life!  She reminds me of myself.  I consider the fact that I’m Still Sealed With Love and it breathes life into me everyday so I should definitely have her energy.  Here, a woman of a particular age with the body of a teenager and the energy to match, all that I can still say is WOW! Celebrate the life God has given you! Click To Tweet

The Phone Call!

The demo wore me out!  I’ll have to work on my energy levels to get to this lady’s level.  At home I promoted on Pinterest, caught up with some Instagram followers and fell backwards and straight to sleep in my chair while doing so.  Thursday, in the rain, I ran errands and I went to a seminar that I was scheduled to attend and I’m happy to say that I learned something, it wasn’t a waste of time.  Then, the phone call came through!

A second interview was requested but I had to schedule a time.  There isn’t any time like the present, so I scheduled it to happen after the seminar and some finagling was done, this time-no, this time, you know, the back and forth and getting it right thing.  Needless to say, we met and I signed the dotted line.  Next step, I’m going to training and I’m set to take the test to become a licensed insurance agent in the State of New York.  Can you say nervous?

What Happened to Friday?

Now, according to my new plan, of “living a balanced life”, should have been in full swing.  I should be able to relax on Fridays and Saturdays.  Unfortunately, my great highs/successes during the week helped me to get off track and Friday became one of those Fridays that I never want again.  It wasn’t all bad, just really weird.  I should have been off and my husband was off, we were scheduled for relaxation.

Everyone was home and we had a really big breakfast.  So far, so good, everything is going nicely.  BOMB! What happened?  Irritability kicked in.  I attempted to avoid irritation by doing a little promoting since I was in the land of doingnothingness (my made up word for a place where I do nothing).  Everyone is yelling about different things.  I’m now in the middle of the mess.  The day continued with one low after another.  Most of the house disappeared outside so that it was only my husband and I left disagreeing about every single thing underneath the great big sun.

We never went out.  Neither one of us did anything for fun.  I don’t remember laughing.  It was as if I needed a completely terrible day to balance out the rest of my week.  Incredible, right?  Now, I’m working on my new week, preparing for my LIVE videos and writing you.  How was your week?

Do you have a plan for living a balanced life?  Would you mind sharing it with me?

28 Comments

1. annerbananer1
    April 23, 2018

Congrats on your new job! Even though you had a bad day and it’s easier to focus on the negative, I’m glad you’re remembering all the great things that happened in your week, too!

April 24, 2018

I have to look at the good in it all. Life works out despite the bumps in the road that we must face. Thank you so much for commenting.

2. Crystal
    April 23, 2018

Honestly, I live more on a limb than anything. I try to keep my life balanced, but I really don’t use a particular method.

April 23, 2018

I know that I need something. I wish I could strip down, stop everything and begin again. The woman in me won’t allow the consequences of doing that, so I have to slowly work it all out. Thanks for commenting.

3. Carina
    April 23, 2018

Congratulations on the job! It’s so exciting to start a new path like that. And yeah, it can be difficult to find that balanced life! Finding good life management techniques have helped me so much.

April 23, 2018

I’m actually attending a workshop this week that will hopefully give me some tips that I can use. I need a break so bad. Thanks!

4. Hannah Wood
    April 23, 2018

Such good news for you on the job front that is amazing and hope all goes well.

5. Holly Hood
    April 24, 2018

Congratulations on securing a new job! I’m looking for my next path and hope that it takes me our of my comfort zone, state, and country. Kudos to you!

May 1, 2018

Thank you so much. I hope I’m making the right decision taking this job. Pray for me.

6. Terri Ramsey Beavers
    April 24, 2018

Bad days really get me down in the dumps. The only thing that really makes my day bad is if my back pain has flared up to the point I can’t get up, get dressed, etc. I used to lay stewing and having a pity party but I’m learning to get lost in movies and books and they do help. I had a couple of days like this last week so it wasn’t the best week but could have been worse. It’s always a little bit fun and a little bit intimidating to get a new job. I think you’re going to do great in your new position. Becoming a licensed insurance agent is a big deal. Try not to let your Friday stop you from enjoying your new position.

May 1, 2018

Thank you for this inspiration. I’m still on the fence about this job. I’ve been where you are and worse physically. I used to pray and cry myself to sleep until the pain would subside and then get up and be superwoman again, which would depress me. No one can see the pain and it’s as though that’s a license to ignore it. I pray that your good days far outweigh the bad and that this week’s journey for you is incredibly pleasant.

7. Melanie Poulos Walsh
    April 24, 2018

It sounds like a great week! I try to find a good balance between hustling and refreshing. Sorry to hear that you weren’t feeling well, but hope this week finds you better.

May 1, 2018

It’s been a process, but I’m steadily learning to relax. I feel better too! Thanks.

8. jocelynnielson
    April 24, 2018

Wow, what a week! I so enjoyed reading about it and congrats on the new job! That will be an exciting adventure for you!

April 24, 2018

I am looking forward to it. I just need to study for that test! Thanks!

2. Still Sealed With Love
      April 25, 2018

Thank you so much. I’m looking forward to it, the studying is beating me up.

9. Berlin
    April 25, 2018

This year, I started planning and living a balanced lifestyle. I even wrote a few ways on how to do it and somehow, despite the busy schedule, i am able to donas plan, not all but mostly. So happy for how your week has been and hoping that you continue as planned.

April 25, 2018

Did you post about it? I’d love to read what you did.

10. toastycritic
    April 25, 2018

Hope this week is a lot better for you. I know sometimes we have that one day that seems to go against all the good vibes the rest of the week happened. Here’s hoping for better.

May 1, 2018

Thanks. It’s still up and down as life goes but I see a lot of good coming. I hold on to every bit of it.

11. Felicia
    April 25, 2018

Congratulations! I’ve been on a few interviews the last months. I know how the feels. Good luck!

May 1, 2018

Thank you so much!

12. Suzanne Spiegoski-Decamps
    April 28, 2018

Congrats on the new job! No matter what, just keep it moving 🙂

May 1, 2018

That’s my goal. I’m hoping that this job proves to be all that they say it is.

13. Kim Lee (@KimsCravings)
    April 28, 2018

Sometimes it’s definitely hard to live a balanced life. The week gets away from me too!

May 1, 2018

With all of these hats that I’m wearing. Whew! I’m still focusing on taking it a step at a time and it’s working.

14. mickeynohome
    April 28, 2018

It’s so great when you get some sort of follow-up scheduled during an interview. Well done, hope it all goes well

May 1, 2018

Thank you so much!

What do you think? Let me know!